Wednesday, September 7, 2011

EXIST (DIY Screen Text Tank)

Sometime last year I stumbled across polyvore for the first time and flipped out thinking I had found the next big thing. However, to my chagrin, Molly quickly informed me that I was not the first person to realize its potential. Anywho, I got rather obsessed for a bit. Especially with the celebrities section where I would look for fashion inspiration almost daily for a good few months. By far my favorite was Kaya Scodelario who played Effy Stonem on Skins back in the day. I have a not so casual obsession with Effy and so this was gold for me.

At some point, I saw this post.
the quiet things no one ever knows exist

It didn't strike me as particularly amazing but I did really, really like the tank top. So I decided to make it.

I started with this simple grey tank top from Target.


I messed around with the size and font of the text until I had something I liked.


Then I cut the letters out...


And placed them on the shirt just to make sure I liked the size.


Then I did basically the same thing, but with dark t-shirt transfer paper. (I think you could use just about any transfer paper for this, but this one is what I used, and it worked awfully well.)


Follow directions, and iron on.



Voila!




Everything is perfect except for this little mistake. Which I hate more than I can say.


Also it's not glittery like the one from the original post, which I have to say is quite a shame. I wasn't quite sure how to put glitter on with out it getting all crunchy. Oh, and a big plus of this transfer paper is that it comes out really soft and doesn't get destroyed if you stretch it a bit, like a lot of them do.

No comments:

Post a Comment