Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hurricane Slouch and Ski Cabining

The dorm went to Reed's ski cabin this weekend, sans Molly :(


It was beautiful and really nice to get away.




So much snow.




And then more.


The weekend turned out a little crazy, college students left to their own devices and all.


Oh and there was this cool thing.






While we were there, I finished a hat I started last week.








The pattern is called “Hurricane Hat”.

Pattern:
http://stringinmotion.blogspot.com/2008/04/hurricane-hat-copyright-sunshineknits.html
I did alter the pattern to a slouch, if you can’t tell. I casted on with 52 stitches, made a 1’’ rim in a 1x1 rib, then did one row of K1, M1. Then a second row of K1, M1 until the last 20 (I think) stiches, where I just did M1 til the end of the row (52+26=72, 72+48=121). You need to have a total number of stitches that is 1+a multiple of 10. I ended with 121 stitches, however the hat turned out a little gigantic, so I might take it down by 10 or 20 stitches if I were to do it again.

Yarn:
Simply Soft by Caron in Pagoda

1 comment:

  1. Cool new way to make this hat! I saw your link on the original pattern site. It turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete