Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cabled Slouch

This is my latest project, modeled here by Molly.


This is my third one of these hats I've made, all with the same yarn. I've been messing with the pattern a bit, but I like how this one turned out. This one is for a friend with an upcoming birthday.

I adore the different textures of this yarn.

 
Pattern:
I didn't use the same number of stitches as the above pattern, instead I cast on with 60 stitches, then did two rows of K1, M1 after the ribbing, so I ended up with 135 stitches (60 + 30 = 90, then 90 + 45 = 135) when I started cabling. It's a little loose, but not bad. For my next one I'm thinking of trying 50 stitches. I'll let you know how it works out.

Also, I used 5.5 mm double sided and circular needles.

Yarn:
1 skein Red Heart Boutique, Changes in Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment