Saturday, March 19, 2011

Multi-colored Beret

This is a simple beret/slouch I made a little bit ago.





I bought the yarn over winter break and tried out a few patterns before I decided on this one. Once again, I needed to remember that colorful and textured yarn does not look good in a complicated pattern. I tried some odd faux cable pattern first, but it came out looking rather crappy, so I just went with a simple stockinette.

Pattern:
Cast on 48 stitches on 5.5 mm circular or double sided needles
Row 1: K, P rep til end
Work row 1 7 times or until the rim is as long as you like
Row 9: K1, M1 rep til end
Row 10: K1, M1 rep til endRow 11: K rep til end
Work row 11 for 25(ish) cm
Decrease row 1: K rep 7 times, then ssk the 8th and 9th stitch, rep til end (12 times total)
Decrease row 2: K rep 6 times, then ssk the 7th and 8th stitch, rep til end
Continue this method of decreasing until you are left with 12 stitches
Cut the yarn, leaving a long tail
Thread tail through remaining stitches, pull tight
Weave in ends


Yarn:
Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in Fiesta

No comments:

Post a Comment