Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ribbed beanie

I made this about a month ago around the beginning of the new semester.


Molly is such a trooper, modeling for me and whatnot.


When I got the yarn, I had just learned how to make bobbles, so the first pattern I tried involved alternating bobbles and it turned into an awful mess. One thing I've learned about knitting: complicated patterns rarely look nice on interesting yarn. So I just did a simple ribbing pattern.


This is the first hat that I've used a ssk decrease pattern rather than a k2tog. I like the way it turned out.

Pattern:
Cast on 72 stitches
Row 1: K, P rep til end of row
Work row 1 til the hat measures about () (or until it is as tall as you like)
Knit 6 stitches, then ssk the next two
Knited 5 stitches, then ssk
Repeat til you have 9 stitches remaining
Cut yarn, leaving a long tail and thread through remaining stitches
Weave in ends

No comments:

Post a Comment