Saturday, March 26, 2011

This is a cabled scarf I made for a friend last Christmas.




It honestly looks terrible in these pictures, but I had to take them quickly in bad lighting, so please just believe me that it actually looks nice in person.

It was the first cabled project I embarked on, so naturally after I finished the first set of cables I ran around the dorm showing people my awesome new skill. Cabling was something that I avoided learning for a while because I thought it would be hard, but youtube showed me how easy it really was.

This is also the first piece that I tried blocking with, and it actually made it much nicer, plus the edges didn't curl up as much.

Pattern:
Cast on 30 stitches on 5.5 mm needles
Row 1: K2, P2, K6, P2, K6, P2, K6, P2, K2
Row 2: K4, P6, K2, P6, K2, P6, K4
Rep rows 1 and 2 until scarf is desired length, doing a cable row every 8th row
Bind off
Weave ends in

No comments:

Post a Comment