Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beaded Bow Necklace

This idea I came up with literally over 2 years ago when I was living in Belgium. I had absolutely no beading supplies there with me, so I had to put it off until I got home, and then another 2 years, apparently. But I've finally gotten around to it, so I'm pleased.



It's a bow necklace! I searched for a how-to on bow necklaces a while back, thinking that someone had probably already had the idea and could just show me how to do it instead of me having to be creative, and as luck would have it, I found this: http://www.studs-and-pearls.com/2010/09/diy-beaded-bow-necklace.html



The chain was this pretty cheap looking silver stuff I bought at Michael's, but I got it because I liked how thin it was. I used this neat gold wax metallic finish my mom had called "Rub 'n Buff"


which turned it into this beautiful gold/bronze color.

No comments:

Post a Comment