Monday, July 25, 2011

Flower Crowns for Summer Days (or always)

After a pretty good weekend. I decided that this new week needed to start off with some flower crowns to perpetuate the good vibes. And no, not complicated ones made with real flowers and other things from my backyard that once assembled would probably fall apart due to my awful construction skills, but fake flower crowns- as tacky as possible that will be around forever!
So I drove off to Michaels. They had plenty of large flowers, which was my original vision, so I found some multi-colored roses (with tiny blobs of clear glue on the petals to resemble water droplets!). But then I happened upon some much smaller red ones in a bunch, which I realized might be a little bit better. I got both.
I'm always very ambitious while buying craft supplies

Then it was off to a local beauty supply store for some cheap headbands...
which actually turned out to be like $4 dollars each, totally more expensive than I wanted- I am cheap.
A full $8- YIKES

Anyway, here it goes


I took these, ripped off the stems (no need for scissors because they come right out (and don't fall apart!) and hot glued them to the headband. They were flat enough that nothing else needed to be done before I glued. 



thirteen flowers in all (those are my baby hands). I will post a better picture of it actually on when I'm having a better face day


Next was the big flowers

they were a little trickier because they actually fell apart when I took the stems off. With a little extra glue, they were as good as new. I glued them slightly facing forward because they are larger and I didn't want only the sides showing. 
I'm pretty happy with them. 
Even better, it makes me happy when I wear them.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment