Friday, July 29, 2011

New Project: Wool Cabled Beanie

This whole summer I've done basically no knitting. Maybe it's the warmer weather or something, but I've almost completely lost the itch to knit. In fact, I even bought a ton of this yarn:



in this color (Aqua):
to make this sweater:



But I've barely gotten past the ribbing at the bottom on the back piece, so not a lot of progress so far. But recently, I was requested to make a beanie for a friend. I was enthusiastic about a new, quick project like a hat. So I said yes and we started figuring out what kind of hat he wanted. He sent settled on something in rustic looking yarn like this:



but with cables like this:


I've never made something with an open cable in it before, but I practiced it a little on a swatch and it seems easy enough. I think I'm going to try to basically make this exact hat, which I don't think will be that hard to do honestly. We'll see. Oh and I'm using this yarn:

I'm having a good amount of trouble trying to guess the gauge right now, I suppose I will just have to try it and see how it turns out. I hate gauging.

No comments:

Post a Comment