Thursday, August 4, 2011

5 Deutsch Mark (DIY Coin Necklace)

I have quite an affinity for really long, really slender chains with a biggish pendent. They are basically the only jewelry I wear to be honest. I have to work to get outside their little bubble.

I had wanted to make one from a coin since forever, and when I saw friend/future housemate Caroline wearing one with a quarter sometime last year I got extremely jealous/inspired. Rage inspires me. Obviously.

But annoyingly enough, Caroline had just "found" the coin with a whole in it, she didn't drill it. I'm still skeptical, I think she just wanted all the awesome coin necklaces to herself.

But I prevailed, and managed to find the coolest old coin ever in my mom's desk, along with a drill, and a great chain. Voila!




Check out this sick eagle. POWER.


And look how delicate and perfect the chain is! Oh happy day.


I wear this thing almost everyday, seriously. Plus wearing money makes me pimp, so why wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment