Friday, August 12, 2011

Sing Alongs

Today I decided to take a moment to talk about how I can't help but sing every single day. Usually, I can keep it to myself, but on certain days it just comes out without warning and I don't even realize it at all, which actually only really bothers my twin brother (but I mean REALLY), no one else really cares. In fact, when I bought myself a guitar and learned a few chords, sometimes people even asked me to sing! (and to understand the exclamation point, you should know, that in my house that is kind of unheard of)

Anyway, this week is one of those weeks where I'm just breaking out in song left and right. It must be all of the productivity. I've really been on fire- an entire season of Freaks and Geeks in < 2 days, not sleeping all night and then sleeping half of the day, drawing pointless things on about 15 pages in my sketch book, mattress shopping, etc. (and by etc. I mean max. four more things including breathing). I spent a good chunk of time yesterday looking up instrumentals to my favorite singing songs and then, of course, proceeded to actually sing along.

So in honor of yesterday, I thought it would be appropriate to give a shout out to my favorite artists to sing along with, so everyone knows that when they are looking for a song to belt it out to in their alone time (or whenever they feel so inclined), these are your girls, they have never failed me:

Amy Winehouse, I'm still mourning you


Alanis Morisette


Fiona Apple

She & Him



Regina Spektor



also, for some reason, I find Fleet Foxes very sing-along worthy, but they are neither girls nor do I put them on my girly sing along playlists (for long, lonely car rides). But honestly, I find pretty much any song is good to sing too (as long as you know the words, but if I don't that has also never stopped me, it's just a tad bit embarrassing/semi-obnoxious when someone makes it their duty to correct you)

Here's hoping today is just as song filled, but maybe a little more constructive


No comments:

Post a Comment