Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scribbling Away

For a lot of my knitted projects, I make up the patterns, or they are easy enough that I can memorize them without much effort. But for this wool hat, I've actually written down the pattern I'm using, which I'll probably be very thankful for in the long run. Plus, since I'm doing both an open cable and a basic one, it's nice to keep track of where I am on both.

Here are my scribbles:


And this is the hat in progress. I was super paranoid that it was going to be too small, but I took it off the needles earlier today and it fit fine, so I can stop living in fear. I hate gauging. And I consider myself a good gauger, I always make a swatch, but it's just so hard to do when the project is meant to stretch.


Also, here are some earring I made the other day from odds and ends from that thrift store grab bag

No comments:

Post a Comment