Wednesday, August 3, 2011

S.P.A.R.K. (DIY Scrabble Necklace)

I forget where, but some blog or something turned me onto this necklace from ASOS.

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-ASOS-Scrabble-Pieces-Love-Necklace

I almost bought one about ten times before realizing that it wouldn't be all that hard to make on my own with some real scrabble letters. So I bought an old scrabble set from a thrift store  a bit ago and threw this together.




The only issue I'm having with it is that the letters don't really lay properly. I'm thinking I might need a chain with larger links? Not really sure. I like it loads otherwise though.

This is the chain:



It was awfully easy to make, I drilled a small hole through the top of each letter, then put them all on jump rings and connected them to the chain.


I tempted to make more because I have a whole scrabble set sans S, P, A, R, and K. Can't figure out what other small words I'd like though.

No comments:

Post a Comment