Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Gold Doily Pattern Tank

I saw this post on Honestly WTF and felt very inspired to try it. I've been really into gold recently, mostly delicate necklaces or details on clothing, so this was right up my alley. Although I figured a tank top would be a little more wearable compared to jeans. Plus I'm cheap and was worried about ruining my jeans.

So this is how I did it, I took the tank top and put a piece of cardboard inside of it to keep the the paint from leaking through. I laid the big doilies on the shirt and just went crazy with the gold fabric spray paint. 




This is the aforementioned paint. You can also use non-spray paint, I just though this stuff would be easier/more fun.


And this is the final project:


Up close...


And le back.


I was running out of gold fabric spray paint by the end so the back is considerably less exciting than the front, but whatever.

C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment